Thursday, April 23, 2009

One Half Million Views

Last week our galleries rolled over 500,000 views! We are excited and we thank you for your support! We are grateful for our growth and our opportunity to serve you and the community as photographers.

This week found us shooting an engagement session with Scott and Christy. It was our second attempt due to the weather and this week looked like rain, also, but this is the south and Monday morning met us with brilliant sunshine in the 60's. It was a beautiful day indeed.




















A few weeks back we had lunch with Scott and Christy to plan the engagement session. Both love the outdoors and Christy mentioned waterfalls. So we decided on a multi-area session that included lots of water and natural settings.




















We began the morning at a park filled with waterfalls and scenic stonework. We had some hiking to do, but both were excited to be there. I have been wanting to use this area for many years. Lisa and I had scouted the area while she was pregnant with Riley and also before in the late '90s when I was shooting some bands. This was the day!



















I usually let the couple pose naturally with little or no interaction from me. Then I record the morning in a candid/photojournalistic fashion.


















Believe me they did not need any input. I was amazed at how at ease they are in front of the camera. The session included three different parks with a wide variety of scenes. I pushed them to almost three hours of shooting and no one ever complained.













We look forward to their upcoming wedding. We have a few secrets planned for photography that I am looking forward to make happen. Nope, sorry, I won't reveal Scott's big plans! Thanks guys for a fun day behind the cameras! Only a few weeks until your big day.
Randy

No comments: