Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Professional and Student

What a fantastic week! It began with a senior session with Kelly and her Mustang. I love cars and this one is special. We planned and waited to see what hurricane Fay had in store. Though the skies were threatening, we were blessed with no rain. Kelly is a natural and it was so much fun to work with her.


Kelly also brought her two dogs and they were willing to have their photograph made also.


We then drove to Charlotte to visit family and photograph an engagement session with Stephanie and Jared. Lisa and I are somewhat explorers and we found Landsford Canal Park in South Carolina to be the perfect place for some different photography.



The area has much stonework from the 1820's still intact. There is also a nice log cabin and lovely walking trails along the river. It is known world-wide for the largest population of spider lilies along the river shoals.



We returned to the site in the afternoon for another session with another lovely family, Jeanne, Mike, and Cindy. Cindy is one of those special people who shines her light. She has the most radiant smile! It was a joy for me to photograph them. Mike shared with us memories of hiking and camping as a youngster at the park.




Then back to Georgia where I attended a Christians in Photojournalism seminar at the Chick-Fil-A headquarters where the renowned Dave Black spoke. Dave gave a wonderful lecture on lighting photography in unique ways. I am still charged with ideas on how to incorporate some of his methods in our photography...and one of the nicest guys you can meet. On that point, I have had the pleasure to meet some of the world's finest photographers throughout my career. There is one common thread among them that I can see. They are usually humble, curteous, and willing to share their knowledge. I am a sponge for new techniques. I'll practice what I learned and be sure to know that I'll soon share the results here. Thanks Dave, Greg, Stanley, and the many others who made this a great day of learning.

Randy

No comments: