Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Frolic in the Pasture - Kristina and Steve's Engagement Session




















We scheduled the engagement shoot on a Sunday, even though the weather report called for 60% chance of rain. Kristina and Steve had secured permission for us to photograph on a private residence in Newnan, Ga. But on Saturday the rain came and went leaving Sunday full of sunny skys mottled with white fluffy clouds. Before leaving the house, I noticed the wind blowing as if to say, "Take the kite." Not ignoring a strong notion like that, I placed the kite in the car. Lisa thought it was a great idea also.

We arrived amazed at the beautiful lake home lined with azaleas sloping down to the lake. A quick survey revealed a gazeboo covered dock, a swing by the lake, many stone walking trails, and a covered bridge. And to the left of the drive lay a rolling pasture complete with cattle!

The only question in our minds was where to begin. To break the ice, we started with the walking trails followed by the bridge. In minutes, they grasped our style of photographing and we connected.
















We used many of the areas around the lake and still I could not take my eyes off of the rollling pasture and the white clouds diffusing the sunlight. I looked at Lisa and said, "Kite!" Lisa then asked what they thought about flying a kite in the field. Steve was all over that suggestion and Kristina said, "Okay, but I didn't think I was going to frolic around the pasture in my new sandals!"

The kite has been a lot of fun with Riley and me in the park and now I realize that you don't have to be the one who is flying the kite to enjoy the fun. In fact, I found that it was even more fun photographing this loving couple and watching them laugh flying the kite.

































We just had to get them walking in the field. I guess this stems from my childhood and playing in our cowpasture in the Carolinas. There is just something about the simplicity of nature.



























We finished in the back area of the home with the two of them relaxing on a swing by the pool. This is one of the times when we could have shot for hours more. The property just lends itself to photos. Kristina and Steve were so relaxed and playful. And we could not have asked for better weather. With their wedding in a few weeks, we can't wait to continue this session! Thanks Kristina and Steve for a wonderful day at the office!
Randy

No comments: