Thursday, April 15, 2010

Congratulations Molly & Rial!

Fortson 4-H Center, located near the Atlanta Motor Speedway, was the setting for this week's wedding with Molly and Rial. I love an outdoor ceremony and the weather couldn't have been more pleasant.
























I had met with Molly's mom, Susie, a month ago to go over the plans at the Fortson Center. It was very chilly then and long before the trees had begun to blossom. So when we arrived on Friday for the rehearsal, we were amazed at the scenic beauty. We were also impressed at the plans that they all had made for this glorious occasion.





























One of Molly's photo requests was a shot of her dress hanging from a tree near the lake. All decided that the best time for this was just before she got dressed. Then it hit me and I felt something that I have never felt while shooting a wedding - anxiety. Let's see, a wedding dress that has never been worn, hanging from a tree, just three feet from the lake. Not to mention all of the yellow pollen blowing around. But Lisa brought the dress and I found a ladder and hung it on the sturdy limb. And then the wind began blowing! I quickly shot numerous frames and I was ready to take it down when Lisa said "Okay, now turn it around." Lisa was so calm as she composed and photographed.

























And the results from Lisa's creative mind.
























When the dress was back in the dressing room, I returned to my calm state and enjoying the wonderful job that I love! I would not have taken the risk of damaging the dress had it not been for Lisa's expertise.



From there the day flowed really well. We heard the great plans that had been made at the rehearsal and all involved seemed really relaxed. My kind of wedding!




The guests were seated under the shade of the trees, facing the serene lakeside ceremony.


















Molly and Rial performed a religious foot washing ceremony which we had never photographed at a wedding.


















At the rehearsal I could not discern if they were going to put their shoes back on at the end of the vows. So just in case, I knelt in the back with the low angle and I was rewarded with this shot.


















The Fortson 4-H Center offers many places to shoot. Molly and Rial were very accommodating as we moved around the grounds.
























































The reception was a held in the covered area adjacent to the lake as well as the dancing area.

As the night closed there was no big send off, just goodbye kisses and waves. But one thing I really liked was when Rial was thanking us and asked me in all sincerity, "Did you have fun, Randy?" I said, "Yes Rial, I did. I had lots of fun!" Thanks for choosing us to photograph your day and may God bless you both.

Randy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Having worked with weddings (mostly receptions) myself, I always remember the fun weddings. I'm glad you guys had fun too! It's absolutely necessary that a hobby career stays fun.

It was a pleasure talking photography with Randy before the ceremony and working throughout the whole event with both of you. I'm super excited to see everything you've captured through your lenses, with as busy as we were I'm grateful you were there to capture what we may have missed.

I have no doubts we'll be showcasing your artwork for years to come!

Unknown said...

I knew the moment we met with Lisa and Randy that I wanted them to photograph Molly and Rial's big day. As an artist, I saw their love for their subjects in their portfolio. Molly and I had such a great time planning the wedding that we did not want a photographer who bossed everyone around the whole day. Lisa and Randy became one of us for the day and I can't wait to see everything that they caught on film.
Susie, mother of the bride and director of Fortson 4-H Center

clippingimages said...

very innovative photography.......