Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Wellman's 50th Anniversary

As wedding photographers, Lisa and I meet lots of young bright-eyed couples waiting for their big day. But last week, I had the honor and pleasure to capture the Wellman's 50th anniversary celebration. And I have to say, I saw the same bright eyes, so full of love in the Wellmans.




















The celebration took place at the Pinehurst Tea Room in Stockbridge, Georgia. A lovely venue with nice windows and features. The cake was placed in full view of their trademark gazebo on the back terrace.

















































After talking with Mrs. Wellman, I learned that they did not have a photographer at their wedding. "Well, we have to have a cake cutting shot and are we doing a garter and bouquet toss?" I asked. She just smiled and shook her head.




















We all enjoyed Mr. Wellman's solo while they both held back the tears.





























I just had to use the gazebo for a family grouping.















Lisa and I are working on anniversary number 18, but 50 years is a special time to celebrate. Judging by the full room of friends and family, this truly is a special couple. May God continue to bless you two!
Randy

No comments: