Friday, October 30, 2009

Congratulations Sarah & Brad - An Autumn Wedding

It was a perfect autumn day for a wedding at Founders Hall in Roswell, Georgia. I dropped Lisa off at Salon Solo to capture Sarah and her wedding party getting their hair and makeup done. I then drove a short distance to meet Brad and his groomsmen donning their tuxedos in their Alpharetta hotel. With the guys all dressed early, we had plenty of time to get some outdoor photographs. Brad had spotted an area at the hotel where I posed the guys to form a "V" and I told them of my plans for a shot when we arrived at Founders Hall. A very busy street, but with the plans we made it only took a few seconds to get the shot I think I'll call "Brad Company".






We had lots of fun moving all over the grounds of this wonderful venue...a great group to work with.
Soon it was the ladies' turn and Lisa balanced them on the front steps in a graceful pose. If the truth be known about wedding photographers, they would tell you that most dislike the formal posed shots. I was the same way years ago, but Lisa has taught me so much. Now I just watch her with amazement making certain that all of the little details are in order. Then I check the lighting and camera settings and squeeze the shutter. Nothing to it! Sarah's color choices photographed beautifully.













Before the ceremony, Lisa and I always map out where we will be in order to give the different perspectives of the wedding. Lisa then took the overview from the balcony.













This freed me up to roam around with several lens and camera combinations. I always clear my actions beforehand with the officiant and I always try to stay in back of the guests. But at the rehearsal, I noticed an opening in the fence on the right side and with a longer lens I managed to get this shot.













I also noticed the best man and the rings, a shot I had never seen or taken before!














After the ceremony, we photographed the families around the gazebo area and found some great areas for the bride and groom.




































A great reception followed from inside the ballroom with dining and dancing into the night.














Then the limo drove them away in perfect storybook fashion.














On our drive home, Lisa and I talked about the day and the fun we had. Three great weddings in a row this month. This is why I love this wedding photography business!

Randy

No comments: