Thursday, June 12, 2008

The 55 Chevy



The 55 chevy

The year was 1976 and I was hanging out with my brother, Tim. We had heard that there was a solid red 1955 for sale. After the test drive, I pressured Tim to buy this beautiful car. He wasn't as passionate as I was for she had a few motor troubles. Tim, a naturally gifted mechanic, grew tired of working on her.

A year later I guess I caught him at a weak moment and he sold her to me for $900.00. And $100.00 down and $100.00 a month, I began my 30 year friendship.

I took her to my senior prom. She was there when I became engaged which is strange because we were in a bad wreck when turning into the store to shop for a diamond. She was also there when that girl gave back my ring.

She was my bread and butter and I drove her daily to work. When the economy turn slow and layoffs were announced, I joined the Navy. Dad and Tim promised to keep her dry in the work shed beside the John Deere.

I actually carried a photo of her all over the world on the USS America and dreamed of a day when I was once again a civilian and driving my 55.

Several transmissions, lots of brake, engine, clutch work , and a paint job, I am happy to say that we are together. And this leads to the purpose of my story. A few weeks ago I had my first portrait session with the 55. Such a huge success! Now we are offering to seniors or anyone who would like to have something different.

Give us a call or email.

Randy

No comments: